Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's for Dinner tonight at the Zoo?

I know you have been waiting waiting WAITING for the answer. 

Here 'tis:

Picture TOTALLY mooched from the recipe at http://www.tablespoon.com/
Crockpot Lasagna, which you can find HERE (note:  I super enjoy the girl who posted this recipe's actual website, too, fyi. She has some great recipes, if I do say so myself) ...Alas, of course, whilst I am wildly excited about this, sadly it will probably only be enjoyed by 2/3 of the family (can you guess who will not be enjoying it????  If your answers started with an O and a Q, ding! ding! ding! you are RIGHT!).  But do you want to know the delicious thing about this recipe that I'm currently cooking but have yet to determine if it's actually delicious?????

It's already been made and is cooking, so I don't have to do anything but heat up my garlic bread before Super J comes home.  Bah-da-bing!

This begs the question:  Why don't I crockpot more, Gentle Reader?  This is not a rhetorical question.  This is a sincere, why DON'T you crockpot more, Miss L????  I cannot say.  Actually I can: because I am a hot mess when it comes to planning menus.  But I love this feeling of freedom, of being able to sit and blog and not worry about WHAT to have, because it is being made. right. now. while I sit and blog. Lovely.

I may have to do this crockpot thing more often.  Hmmmmmm.

Hey.  By the way, I'll let you know how this goes.  I should also note that my Crockpot Lasagna is being made with ground turkey, cottage cheese and mushrooms, so it is a wee bit deviant from the recipe, but I'm sure will be fine.

2 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

You know why I don't crockpot more? Because I have so few recipes for the crockpot that I enjoy. I LOVE having dinner prepped before lunch. But crockpot meals so frequently are just "meh" on the deliciousness scale. Right? I hope your lasagna turns out great. And if it does I will make it next week. Or tomorrow.

Stephanie said...

I have my cycles of crock-er-ing, and I ask myself that same question every time.