Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's not even been a week...

P90X update (I know you've all been waiting):
I miss my carbs.  *sob*  There.  I've confessed.  I cannot tell you how hard it was to go to see an amazing movie last night (Inception.  So. Good!) with my honey and NOT get a popcorn.  *sniff sniff*.  But I did (go to the movies) and I didn't (get the popcorn).  And I lived through it.  But, that being said... 

This week, on this new eating program that I'm doing to give me the best body I've ever had and be in the best shape EVER!! (don't you know), I've been down to 1 carb.  I gotta say that by Thursdays afternoon, I was like a zombie...an unhappy, grumpy, oh so tired zombie.  I called Super J at work and told him my plight.  He replied:  You need to eat a carb!

Okay.  So I did.  And I was able to go on with life.

So, I guess I'm no longer a true "Fat Shredding" Phase 1 nutrition eating fool.  I'm a Phase 1 with an extra carb kind a gal right now, which technically makes me a phase 2 nutrition eating fool, three weeks early.  I'm trying to just not feel like a fool. 

In my mind, I thought I'd be able to do "THE. PLAN" as laid out in P90X; I mean, when I was single and in grad school, I did "A DIFFERENT PLAN" just fine.  For six months.  Before I totally fell off the wagon.  Fast forward 10 year (gulp!).  I and my body are just in a different place.  And I think that's not a bad thing.  It IS a weird thing to wrap my head around, but really, if this is something I want to be maintainable (and it is. It so is), I have to learn to not only appropriately modify my exercising, but also to appropriately modify my eating lifestyle. 

Of course, if I knew how to do that I wouldn't be in the shape I am now.

On a different note, the Yoga thing in P90X totally TOTALLY made me sweat buckets...and I only did a half hours worth.  Seriously.  Harder, almost, than the Plyometrics, even though it was much more gentle and stuff.  Who knew standing in basically one place could be so hard. 

Ohhhh!  And speaking of modifying stuff:  Ab Ripper X???? No.  I'm not doing that right now anymore.  You should see my "form" with this workout.  It's really one of those things that truly is a sight of shame to behold.  So, because I am in no shape to do an actual sit-up, let me just recommend the Ab Ripper 200, which is my new goal.  You don't think this is hard??? Just do it.  It's no walk in the park. 



But, I figure that once I get this done, then I'll be more ready for Ab Ripper X.  Of course, I'll probably be on my 3rd round of P90X, but you know.  Moderation in all things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

EVERY workout has to be modified to fit the worker. No one workout fits every body, all the time. So, way to go! You're keepin on keepin on and making it work for you. That is doin it the right way! Love you!

Allison said...

What good is a "fitness/nutrition plan" if it's one you just don't agree with with? You know that phrase "moderation in all things?" I think it's much more applicable if changed to "modification in all things". ;-)In fact, I think I just may go modify my breakfast right now to include one of Canada's best kept secrets: an Aero bar!

ElKay (LK) said...

Keep it up, Lou-lou. You did it before so you can do it again.

I know what you mean about yoga, though. The first time I did it was on a cruise in very rough waters...try balancing then. I got so out of breath just standing or holding...it was amazing.