So, the quick and the dirty of it is this: Super J and I started P90X. We're in Phase 1 of a 3 phase workout/eating plan.
The long and boring of it is this:
1. The exercises...they really do kick your trash. I am so at the beginning and modifying loads of stuff, it's not even funny. But I'm bringing it, baby. I'm bringing it.
2. I have to be honest: I am not a fan of protein shakes, though I hopefully will get used to them. They taste fine initially, but the aftertaste. Ugh. That's all I can say about that without almost getting ill. Maybe it's the kind I'm "enjoying." Still. Ugh.
3. I think that for the first few days, I totally went through sugar withdrawals. I miss my carbs (we're doing the nutrition stuff with it; in a month, I'll start adding back in more carbs).
4. I go through lots of pots and pans making the food (holy cow! The soups alone have required a new addition to the kitchen. I jest, but really. Lots of cooking and chopping!). In fact, I got a larger food processor from Aldi's (gotta love it) and use both my tiny one and my bigger one AND my blender in one day. Yegads.
5. I'm not sure it's because of this or happen-stance, but I have a head cold and cough.
6. Working out with Super J is SUPER fun. I'm sure I would have said, "Forget it!" if we weren't doing it together. It's my favorite part about this.
7. Chocolate milk is a recovery drink, ala Gatorade, that has been shown to be very beneficial for you after your hard workout. Huh. Who knew? I wish I really liked Chocolate Milk. After a workout, it just kinda hits my stomach like a brick. I'm hoping that will change, because it has made a huge difference in my soreness level, so I drink it anyway. But I wish I loved it like Super J.
8. I don't care what anyone else says, but all this healthy stuff??? It cost more. I'm sure we'll figure stuff out, but it blew my last weeks grocery budget.
9. We are almost done with our first week and I have yet to take Before Pictures, but that's on the thing to do list.
10. Sports bras...a wonderful thing.
11. Another great thing about working out with Super J: he's willing to invest in the proper tools: resistance bands and other workout things. Wahoo. In fact, the mail carrier just arrived with a package. I'm off to investigate.
I'll keep you updated, Gentle Reader, because I know you are soooo anxious to know how this goes, but mainly because it's a great way to keep me motivated.