Here's what we did:
- Went to dinner at a favorite restaurant and had a terrific meal full of new foods we don't normally get. Super fun.
- Went to a local park (we were in The White Giant--aka Super J's Tundra)
- Super J had put an air mattress on the bed of the truck and we just laid there in this amazing weather and talked and talked and talked and talked...kind of like we when we were first dating. It was so fun. And relaxing. Though the dive bombing birds sometimes were a bit of a concern, not a single one of them poo'd on us.
- Then we went to Sheridan's and I got a Strawberry Piña Colada Smoothie. Ohholycow. So.Good.
Then we got home. Oh dear.
- We left Miss Q with our babysitters for the very first time. She wasn't happy. We probably should have warned them that she was a little crabby today. Oh wait. I did.
- One of our babysitters got bit on her finger by one of the dogs we are watching (no, Bo! We do NOT bite!!!). We should have warned her NOT to pick up the dogs, but who knew to do that? She's okay, but I'm sure not thrilled with the bite.
- Miss Q pooped while we were away and, though we are not 100% sure, may have had a blow-out. Or, she was simply very very squirmy. Needless to say, there was a onesie in the sink with offending offerings. We should have warned them that she struggles when you change her pants. Very annoying for ALL involved.
- And here's the kicker of the night: Miss Q fell off the bed (!!!!!!). I guess we should have warned the babysitters that, regardless of where you *think* the mattress is (it had been pushed against the wall, so it was not squarely on the frame but instead, there was about a five inch span from mattress to the metal support bar of the frame [that, yes, Miss Q hit...ARGH!] to the floor), a squirmy baby that wants to crawls everywhere IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE BED UNATTENDED!!!!!!!!!!!! Very embarrassing for the sitter, very painful for the baby and VERY. ANNOYING. for the Mom.
So, yeah. An interesting night. Poor Miss Q. She's fine. Don't worry. But now I'm in a dilemma. The girls (the OLDER ones, I should say) love these babysitters. And I feel bad one of them got bit, I really do. But selfishly, I gotta say, "Don't let my baby fall!" because even if you own dogs, you should know, Babysitter, better than to pick up dogs you don't know; my baby, however, doesn't know about gravity yet!
So, yeah, I'm not thrilled My BABY FELL OFF THE BED. Good heavens to betsy!
Here's the dilemma, though. I've got the same sitter booked for Tuesday, when I'm off to see Harry Potter with my beloved Super J.
What would you do?
Cancel with this sitter and get someone else? Talk to this sitter and remind her of the safety issues? What would YOU do?
I'm thinking I need to get me another Strawberry Piña Colada Smoothie and drown my sorrows.