Friday, April 3, 2009

She loves me best, lalalalalala...or not.

So, Miss Q is entering "the phase" of BEWARE!!! STRANGER DANGER!!! DANGER!!! STRANGER! OR SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW!! IN EITHER CASE!!! MUST. SCREAM!!!!

Yes. This is where anyone besides me or Super J is a terrifying object of humanity (or, even a stick of furniture or stuffed animal, she really doesn't care if she's left alone) and must be shrieked at until Super J or I pick her up. You may know (or not) that when Miss O entered this phase, she was about 3 hours old and it lasted until she entered nursery. It was a long 18 months. And whilst I exaggerate a wee bit, it is not too much of an exaggeration. Seriously. Oh, and did I mention that with Miss O, even Super J was considered a "stranger?" Yeah. Good times.

Thus, one can only imagine how THRILLED I am to be entering this stage once again. Granted, it will be for THE LAST TIME (wowzers), but still. It generally means that I can no longer escape to the restroom without either a) taking Miss Q with me or b) hearing sad and pathetic screeches from the other room. This means I get no rest whilst...um...there. ANYWAY!

The good news is that Miss Q is pretty happy with Super J and can even, sometimes, now and again, accept one of the other Misses to distract her. This is, indeed, a silver lining. I am quite fond of silver linings here at the Zoo. I'm hoping that she will be good and enjoy her sisters for a few minutes while I GO WALKING ON THE TREDMILL! Yay!

And, Yes! I'm working on getting back on the ol' exercising track. Before you know it, October will be here and I'll still be wondering what happened to my glorious plan of running a 5K.

Shall keep you posted, as I know you will wait with baited breath for the results.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I know how you feel. At least Miss O grew out of it before Miss Q grew into it. Having more than one that feel this way at the same time, is quite difficult!