Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, Sunday (Gratitude)

Things I am grateful for today are things that I've noticed in my family, particularly...

1. Watching my eldest daughter achieve that milestone we've all come to know and love: Hair Awareness. In just the past few days, Miss A has decided that she can comb her hair...over and over again, wetting it down and combing it again. This is new for us. Today, while getting ready for church, she nearly threw a fit because I wouldn't let her saturate her hair. And this afternoon, Miss E came to Super J and me and said, "I'm bored," to which we said, "Why don't you go play with Miss A." "I can't." "Why?" "Because Miss A said she needed some personal space." (we kinda chuckled) "Why does Miss A need some personal space?" "Because she's polishing her hair." Yep. She'd been combing her hair for who knows how long. Wet, comb. Wet, comb. Hair Aware.

2. Being reminded how kids are SPONGES. At family prayer tonight, Miss A warned us that she was going to say a long prayer. She was good to her word. She prayed for all SORTS of things and prayed for everyone in the family by name. When she got to my name, she said, "And please bless Mom that she can loose those pounds." It took everything I had NOT TO BUST OUT LAUGHING!!!!!! (instead, I just shook from laughing quietly). She must have heard me talking about it (???), because I have no idea where she got all that from.

3. Junior Primary choristering went well. WHEW! This is my first week back from "maternity leave" and we all know the saga, but I just have to say that Quinlyn did GREAT during that hour with Jason, and that made all the difference in the world about how I felt about my calling. Like I said, WHEW! Granted, she was a cranky pants in Relief Society, but I can deal with that. :)

No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here.
~John Greenleaf Whittier~

If only people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying. Would you sell both your eyes for a million dollars... or your two legs... or your hands... or your hearing? Add up what you do have, and you'll find that you won't sell them for all the gold in the world. The best things in life are yours, if you can appreciate yourself.
~Dale Carnegie~

No comments: