Friday, November 14, 2008

Focusing on Gratitude November 14

Today, please know I'm so thankful that...

1. I have had such a nice day! It's had its crazy wild moments (this morning, Miss O was VERY VERY 2 years old heading into The Wal-Mart. I was a bit concerned, but she eventually stopped yelling. sigh. Oh! And let me just tell you how difficult it is to prepare 2 different kinds of soup when your baby will NOT LET YOU PUT HER DOWN, even though she's exhausted and so are you!). But overall, very nice. And I'm so grateful for nice days! We even saw a double rainbow!!! How cool is that? See? Nice.

2. I have a husband that isn't ashamed to plant one on me in the Automotive Section of Wal-mart. I'm not for gross and weird PDA, but still...Super J totally surprised me when he called me on my cell and asked that I pick up some car wax for him. Since I was already at Wally-world, I just wheeled the cart in that direction and before I could say, "Where do you think they keep that stuff," he suddenly appeared and gave me a kiss and a hug. And then we smooched AGAIN in the dairy section just before he had to leave! Ohhhhh, we are two wild and crazy people. We later laughed and wondered what the surveillance monitors thought about that.

3. I am really working on taking moments to talk with my daughters, especially if they've caught me in an impatient mood or if I've snapped at them for no good reason (and sometimes even if there was a good reason). I realized that I don't want my kids growing up being rude little monsters, but I also don't want them growing up thinking that their mom is this moody beast who always yelled and who didn't like to have her picture taken. I mean, seriously, I didn't realize how much I *DON'T* want to be a Sasquatch. I want my kids to know that I'm human, yes, but I want them to know that I love them. I LURVES THEM! They are the most amazing creatures, and honestly, the good Lord has gifted me with the incredible opportunity to be their mom. Sometimes I worry that I am going to botch it up so bad! But then I remember that I have the ability to apologize and work to be better. And I'm so thankful for that.

And here's a bonus one!

4. I'm so thankful for spellcheck!!!! Can I just say that??? So grateful.

"Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted--a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul." ~Rabbi Harold Kushner

No comments: