Sunday, October 5, 2008

Technology and the Sleep Deprived Mom

General Conference time often reminds Super J and me of past acquaintances about whom we wonder.

Keeping this in mind, we decided to try to find, via Google, one of Super J's old roommates that we both knew and loved. Well, no such luck. No images, either. So, I had a brillant idea: what if he had a MySpace account? Couldn't we look that up?

So, off we go to the website and I plug in all my info. Nothing. It tells me that something is wrong with my login. Sadly, Gentle Reader, this is not new as I often try to type faster than I should and may have several typos. So I retype and enter. Still I get denied entry. Hmph! What the holy cow???? So, I try a THIRD time with no luck. Is my password wrong? I thought this was the correct one...so I give up and let Super J try to log in with his info (which works) on his computer, and I go to check my email and my "welcome" letter that has all the password and login info.

Oh.

I have an account with facebook.com NOT myspace.com.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. That would do it.

Sigh.

I can't even imagine what all this is going to be like in 20 years, I tell ya.

No comments: