Friday, August 29, 2008

Woot!!! And just let me add, Congratulations!!!!


Well, if it can't be Romney, I'm super glad it's Palin (she's the one holding the baby)! Back in the day, when we were dreaming of President Romney, this is who Super J and I picked as his V.P. So, whilst McCain is still kinda "meh," I'm VERY pleased with the V.P. nod.

UPDATE: Both Super J and I got a bit teary-eyed listening to her speech. Hmmmm...can you hear it? That's the excitement of people getting rev'ed up over politics again.

Here's some bullets about Gov. Palin (thanks BBC.com!)

* Elected Alaska's youngest and first woman governor in 2006
* Grew up in Wasilla, near Anchorage, and was voted Miss Wasilla in 1984
* Studied journalism and political science at University of Idaho
* Is mother of five, including a son with Down's syndrome
* Her husband Todd is an oil production operator
* Likes hunting and fishing

2 comments:

Katie said...

How did you even know about her to pick her as Romney's VP? But, go Alaska!!

Miss L said...

Remember how I used to read all the political blogs back when Romney was running in the Primaries? I like to call that, The First Trimester...it kept me distracted and helped with nasty morning sickness. Anyway, I still read one of the blogs, hotair.com, and they were talking about her long ago. Our personal VP picks were between her and Condi Rice.