Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some Pictures

Can you even STAND it???? Pictures? From me???? Yes!!!!! See? I told you I take pictures.

Super J went through yet another tutorial (honestly, Gentle Reader, it drives him nuts that I, with 2 masters degrees, cannot remember how to do this...) and, long story short, here are some pictures.

First up:

The Lice Do's

--before
and after (we have since cut Miss E's bangs).

It's shocking, isn't it?

Now can you understand why that night I had nightmares that I was forcing people to commit suicide???? Ohhhhhhhh those lousy lice! Of course, they do look darling with their new hair-do's. But still.

On a happier note, Wondertime has a fabulous article if you ever need to get rid of this particular plague, and I HIGHLY recommend it. Or you can just email me and I'd be happy to help...heck, I'll even come over and assist if you are in driving radius. :)

Next Up:

Miss O has started in on the "dress-up" phase. She has pulled this concoction on several times this week. My favorite, if you can see it, is the "crown" ...a party favor from last years fete for Miss A. Notice the stool, which Miss O loves to pull into the computer room to sit upon to watch "Yo Gabba Gabba" segments on Youtube.com, and also notice the Polly Pocket dresses on said stool. Miss O likes for all her Polly's to roam around without dresses. This is the opposite of Miss E, who likes for them to be modestly attired at all times. This means I am constantly dressing and undressing these Pollys. Ugh.

Next:

Miss A's first day of school.
...she was actually much more excited about school than this picture would lead you to believe. She was also probably the only kindergartners to wear a sweater that morning. Yegads. I asked her when we picked her up if she got hot. She said, "No. I just got a little warm." She kept it on the whole morning, bless her heart.

Last but not least:

Miss Q:
I didn't think I would, but we are co-sleeping because if she sleeps next to me or (truth be told) in the crook of my arm, she'll sleep 3-4 hours...if she's in her bassinet, she sleeps 15 to 60 minutes. Guess which one I like best? Isn't she pretty?

Oh!

And before I leave you, let me give YOU breakfast in bed.
Hope it doesn't make you hurl.

Look at the lovely "fruit punch water" they gave me.

Yes, those are "chewy snacks" (ie: fruit gummy things) in the bottom of the water cup.

Did you know that if you let them sit in the cup, they will eventually absorb all the water? Did you know that you will then just throw out the whole thing when your kids aren't looking. Yes. That is what happens. Bon Appetite!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Are those gummy fruit things on a graham cracker? OK, the fruit punch water - so sweet of them, but ugh. At least they didn't make you drink it in front of them.

Adrienne said...

Is it just me, or any time you hear "lice", you HAVE to itch your head?! I think the new do's are so cute. Gorgeous kiddos.

Stephanie said...

Ouch! That is some long hair! But I LOVE their new cuts! Sorry to tell you this, but it makes them look older.

And yes, Baby Q is BEAUTIFUL!

How do the big girls feel about her permanent presence?

Colton Anne said...

Man!! Did you cry when you got their hair cut?! I almost cried recently when I cut Kayley's hair only 3 inches. Miss Q is sure a cutie! We need to get together again sometime...that is when you feel more rested! :) Good luck!