Saturday, July 19, 2008

Utterly Exhausted and Typing in the Dark

So, I've been tossing and turning since around 3am and finally somewhere around 4, decided to get up and start working on my confounded Primary stuff. I shouldn't say that, because as of a few hours ago, I was fine with it. So, they want to keep me as an assistant. Fine. Whatever. I made my feelings known and, well, there you go. But they still haven't called anyone to "take over" yet, and for the past 2 days, I've been having contractions (see my last post!), and so...I'm just frustrated.

So I decided, "Alrighty then. I'll go all control freak on them and just plan the next three months." They can change it if they want. I REALLY don't care, but I'm fed up being stressed about it. FED UP. So, while sitting and typing in the dark, I went to a very nice site and found a couple of templates created by people who are immensely more organized (and, let's be honest, more control freaky...for which I could hug and kiss each of them right now for that annoying habit) than myself and made some changes to THEIR music outlines (which have been done for the whole year. A YEAR, PEOPLE! In ADVANCE!!! Yegads), and printed them off to give to the appropriate people on Sunday. I even made a matching game to use with the kids to continue learning the song of the month. Now, all they have to do is find someone who is willing to pump their arms up and down with the kids every week.

If I go into full-on, active labor, it's covered. There is music planned. Children's voices will sing. Life will go on and I can shut the crazies and frustrated voices in my head UP.

Super J would call this such a Pregnancy Moment. He's so right. I am THIIIIIISSSS close to completely irrational. But at least the music has been outlined.

And maybe I can get back to sleep, so I can go to book club in the actual morning to talk about a book that I haven't finished, but did finally read the end of last night. Sigh.

Oh, and on a COMPLETELY different note...for those waiting on the ILL results: Unsurprisingly, the bigger library system got the books in about 20 hours before the other (and even got a third book I had just requested). I was notified by email YESTERDAY that my books were in at the larger library system, and was called this afternoon by the smaller one. I will see if anyone at book club still wants to read the books and then I'll cancel my holds and return them. It was interesting to me, though, the results.

No comments: