Monday, July 21, 2008

Ugh. Giggle. Snort.

Ugh: I have developed a strange rash on the back of my neck, right under the hairline. I put some hydro cortisone cream on it, so it no longer itches, but I was wondering what type of plague I have been gifted. Heat rash? Allergic reaction to something? Psoriasis? Eczema??? I called the Nurse Line at the ol' OBGYN (because you never know what they'll say about a mystery rash this far along) and we are "just keeping an eye on it, unless it gets worse" for now.

Giggle: Today I taught Miss O how to "Ugga Mugga" or Eskimo Kiss (rubbing noses). So cute. So potentially dangerous. She doesn't quite have the grasp of " be gentle" down, so it often begins with a head-butt (and as we learned with Miss E, nothing says I love you like a good solid unexpected smack in the head), but we're getting there.

Snort: Driving to get some lunch (I know, so pathetic), I hear this from the back of the Red Rocket...

Miss A: "Miss E, I bet you can't count to 10"
Miss E: counts to 10
Miss A: "I bet you can't count to 105!"
Miss E: "Oh yeah? I bet you can't count to the biggest number ever!"
Miss A: "Yes I can! What number?"
Miss E: With a big voice, "A Million!"
Miss A: (really fast) "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 1 Million."
Miss E: With sincere awe, "Wow."
Me: while driving in the front, literally guffaw, and then I try to hush myself up before they notice I have laughed because I don't want to spoil a precious moment amongst sisters.

2 comments:

Katie said...

How sad is it that we lose so much wonder and awe as we get more "mature." How much better would this world be if were were all amazed by someone (mis-) counting to a million. I would have totally chuckled, too.

Allison said...

I wish Miss A worked at a bank - my bank, in fact. And I wish she was in charge of my account!