Monday, July 21, 2008

"Get to know your friends"

I never do these when they come in my inbox, but I figure, you know...why not. I'll just post it for everyone. If you like to be "tagged," consider yourself "tagged." If not, don't give it a moment's thought. Let's just all enjoy the rarity of this moment for me actually answering one of these things. And thanks to Katie, for answering and "pressing FORWARD."

Let's begin.

Welcome to the 2008 edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends." The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning? About 3 something, then 5 something and then for good, around 7:40.

2. Diamonds or pearls? I enjoy diamonds, but I've always wanted a pearl necklace. A single pearl on a gold chain pendant kind of thing. I'd take a diamond like that, too. I'm not picky. I probably want it, though, after I don't have to fear small hands trying to rip it from around my neck.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Ironman when we were down in Florida. Loved it.

4. What is your favorite TV show? Summertime is slim-pickin' for shows, but we DVR all the new episodes of Stargate Atlantis, Masterpiece Theater (just finally caught up on Cranford. Very very good) and in yet another proof of friendship with Katie, recently, In Plain Sight

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Eggo Waffles, double toasted and spread with butter and syrup. I kid you not.

6. What is your middle name? Something that begins with S and was/is an Native American Indian tribe of old.

7. What food do you dislike? Peas, Okra and American Cheese. Also, don't really care for gobs of mayo on things. **SHUDDERS!**

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Yeah, that's a tough one. Favorite???? Ha! We've been listening to the Primary Music for the Sacrament Meeting Program and Baby Signing Time music and the Laurie Berkner Band...I like to listen to the radio when I'm in the car and can get away with it.

9. What kind of car do you drive? The Red Rocket, baby! Mazda MPV Minivan

10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey and Avocado...I'd add with mustard and tomatoes

11. What characteristic do you despise? Disloyalty

12. Favorite item of clothing? Not really clothing, but a hair comb that I've been wearing in my hair to create my fabulous coif (and if it's actually unsightly, please hold your comments because I'm happy with my delusion at present).

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Scotland and Ireland.

14. Favorite brand of clothing? ANYTHING THAT FITS, including my shoes.

15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? They all have their moments, but one of my favorite birthday gift memories was getting all the Harry Potter books on CD from Super J because he wanted to make up for being out of town because of business on my b-day.

16. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey

17. Farthest place you are sending this? The farthest reaches of the Internet, wherever that may be!

18. Person you expect to send it back first? Because I'm not sending this via email, I don't expect ANYONE to send it back

19. When is your birthday? My birthday month is March

20. Are you a morning person or a night person? I so used to be a night person. Probably still depends on what's going on...

21. What is your shoe size? Right now? A size 11. (sniff, sniff)

22. Pets? None. We are not ready for a pet. We are reminded of this every time we watch someone's beloved pet. Yep. We are not yet ready for a pet. Though Miss E, who is our family's biggest allergy sufferer keeps informing us she'd like a cat.

23. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer

24. How are you today? I'm plagued with a weird rash, feeling kinda swollen in my extremities and have no desire to be less of a slug. Hmmmmmm. Pretty normal, I guess.

25. What is your favorite candy? I enjoy gummy bears, as far as candy goes. I enjoy Snickers and 3 Musketeers, as far as chocolate bars go.

26. What is your favorite flower? I like roses

27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? August 11, if not before!!! (Come on, New Baby!)

28. What is your favorite pastime? reading

29. What are you listening to right now? Miss O, who keeps getting into the DVD box and showing me the DVD cover with "Yo Gabba Gabba's" Foofa

30. What was the last thing you ate? Ugh. From the KFC/Taco Bell store, a chicken wrap chased by a chili-cheese burrito. MISTAKE! ugh. Say it with me again: MISTAKE!

31. Do you wish on stars? Sure.

32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Um...my favorite color is White.

33. How is the weather right now? Hot. 97 degrees. Sunny.

34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My honey, the Fabulous Super J

35. Favorite soft drink? Peach Fresca, and of course, Half Coke (or Pepsi) Half Caffeine Free Diet Coke (or Diet Pepsi)

36. Favorite restaurant? Love Mimi's Cafe and Carino's Italian Grill

38. Real hair color? Brown with lots of little grey strands

39. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had a Chewbacca stuffed animal and a Grover stuffed animal. I also used to love Lego's and Barbies

40. Summer or winter? Summer

41. Hugs or kisses? MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm, both

42. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla (though not in pudding. Love Chocolate Pudding you make on the stove)

43. Do you want your friends to email you back? See way at the top...no expectations!

45. What is under your bed? Dust. I try not to store anything under my bed, as I once heard that junk under your "marriage bed" is symbolic of the junk in your marriage. I'm weird that way.

46. What did you do last night? Watched the last part of Cranford, made dinner and swelled up a bit and went to bed

47. What are you afraid of? Spiders, Vampires and dying. I'm not afraid of death, just afraid of having to deal with leaving people behind or surviving when they are gone.

48. Salty or sweet? Sweet, unless they are Lays Potato Chips.

49. How many years at your current job? 6

50. Favorite day of the week? Sunday

51. How many towns have you lived in? From my birth, 20

52. Do you make friends easily? I believe so, but I always worry that once they get to know the real me, I'll scare them off. sigh.

And now you know a little more about me! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

What a fabulous idea - I'm jealous I didn't come up with it. BTW, no scaring me off, babe!

Cindy Bassett said...

I'm with Katie - to know you is to love you. I know of few people so funny or generous in nature. And I'm with you on the hockey, though basketball is more accessible and a blast too. :)

Adrienne said...

You can't be serious about the "scaring off" thing. Don't you honestly wish we'd all just GO AWAY sometimes, because we're all so clingy? Favotie line "Swelled up a bit and went to bed" -- oh hilarious, and so pregnosity true.

Madelyn said...

gummy bears huh? interesting! They always seem so tough to me. and I too love Mimi's Cafe but it's been like 4 years since I've been there. =(