Monday, June 30, 2008

**Sniff** **sniff**

I broke my broom this morning. I was sweeping under the dining room table (aka: Crumb Land) and somehow managed to get the bristles caught in some of the spokes of the chairs (yes, yes, thank you, thank you. It's a talent; a true, undefined talent. Why is there not an Olympic Event for such unique things? I'd be sure to at least qualify for the team, if not medal!). So, I had Miss A hold the back of the chair (makes sense, right) while I pulled and tugged. We heard this weird "pop" noise and the handle broke out of the broom head part.

Huh.

That was COMPLETELY unexpected.

It broke where the head and the handle screw together. NO way for replacement (can't get the unscrewed, unbroken part out of the broom head, and I broke off the screw part of the handle!) and do not think repair is an option because I HIGHLY doubt Super Glue is going to hold it together for ANY length of time (regardless of what that construction guy in the helmet hanging from his hat says), and let's just be frank when I say I DO NOT epoxy (whatever that means).

Heh, Miss O just ran in with the broom head saying, "Where'd it go, Mom? Where'd it go?" See, even a babe can recognize the strange and bizarre nature of this event.

So, let's have a moment of silence for "The Broom" as I try to determine if this is something I can recycle or if it's just a chuck-it-in-the-garbage kind of thing, to add to my guilt over my lack of being Green as well as yet another contribution to our garbage dump. Sigh. And maybe we'll just tack on a second or two for my own, inexplicable talent for destroying things in the oddest of ways.

**Moment Passes**

Thank you. Feel free to now resume your other, normal duties of the day. And maybe I'll see you at Wal-mart, looking for a new broom.

No comments: