Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Golden Arches

Update @1:54pm: I realize reading this that it sounds kind of braggy, and that's not what it's meant to be. I was just happily pleased that they offered a meal to make up the goof they made. Does that make sense?

The Setup: For lunch, we went through the drive-thru at McDonalds. I was very excited to see if I upgraded my beverage to a large, I got a free DVD rental from Redbox (I tell you, Redbox is going to put Blockbuster out of business). I ordered Happy Meals for the girls and I got my normal: A #7 meal, which is a grilled chicken sandwich with NO mayo. I always get this. I used to try to have them put mustard on it (my condiment of choice). HA. HAHAHAHAHAH. You should see the problems I have trying to get regular mustard on any McDonald's sandwich. It just doesn't happen.

ANYWAY. We get our bags and come home (remember: going through the drive through). As I'm bringing stuff in, the first thing I notice is that my cup is horribly misshaped at the bottom. I don't know why I didn't notice it in the cup holder, but it's true. It's leaning like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Nice.

Then, I open up my sandwich. Hmmmm. I notice the white goo oozing from the sides...and the crispy chicken. Uh oh. I look at the receipt and find that they have indeed mixed up my order and I have received someone's crispy chicken BLT with EXTRA ranch dressing. Ugh. I can only imagine someone's reaction to my grilled chicken with no dressing, at all.

So I called and am now "in the books" to get a free extra value meal. I appreciate that, I have to say. I hope the ranch person calls and gets one, too.

Now I have a "free" dinner and a movie! So, what's vaguely disappointing (the ranch dressing is so gross! I scraped as much off as I could and then ate it anyway), turned out to be kinda okay. Yay!

2 comments:

Lac said...

My mexicano lover, Javier and I call each other by name at the McD's by my house. And if there is ever a screw up, he'll give me whatever I need free of charge at at different time. Love him!!

Adrienne said...

Isn't red box a gift from the gods? Oh one buck new releases, where have you been all these years?!