Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ahhhhh, thwarted bribery and other things

It's been a weird sort of day at my house for some reason. Not bad. Just weird.

It probably started with a visit from a friend of Miss A's whose mom stayed to visit and chat. It turns out she was just lonely (the mom, I mean), and I felt very guilty because I was (argh! Truth be told...or turth, as I just typed) dreading it because she is a T.A.L.K.E.R. and I was concerned it'd turn into an all afternoon event (see how petty and small I can be????). But it turned out to be a nice length visit because, Turth be told again (or truth, whichever you like best) Super J came home to have me help pick up his truck from the oil changing place.

Anyhoo, long story short, I told the girls if they behaved during the afternoon "quiet" time we could probably, maybe, in all likelihood go to our little neighborhood pool after dinner.

Guess what? We've had one of those weird, pop-up thunderstorms that is currently raging, replete with lightening and heavy heavy rain. I guess this means that Super J won't be mowing the lawn while we are at the pool because...well, we aren't GOING to the pool. Oh well.

******************************************
What is odder than being in a mood yourself, knowing you are in a mood? Why yes. You have correctly said, "It is having your spouse be in a mood." And (or should I say, especially) if your spouse isn't female (ha!), it's kinda hard for him to pinpoint WHY he's in a mood, so it's very mysterious. Ahhhhh, good times. The spouse and the mysterious M.O.O.D. I cannot even say a word because normally (NORMALLY, I repeat) it's ME in the M.O.O.D. sigh.

*******************************************
Miss A has told me that she is going to find her Mariposa Barbie wings and learn how to fly. Okay, I told her. Just be careful. She said she was going to wake up Super J (he's currently napping, trying to fend off said weird mood) when she gets it figured out. I think that if she can indeed figure out how to fly with Mariposa Barbie's wings, she DEFINITELY should wake up Super J to show him.

*******************************************
I now have a constant computer buddy when I am reading my favorite blogs or even typing in a post for my own. Yes, Miss O has discovered that if she drags in a stool from the kitchen, she can sit at the computer and watch You-tube entries of "Yo Gabba Gabba" or "Sesame Street" or, as I've just put on, a random DVD (this one is the one I got from my Humana Nurse called, "The Happiest Baby on the Block." I haven't even seen it, but she is having a wonderful time trying to touch all the babies she sees on the screen. I am a wee bit worried for when New Baby gets here.). This, to her, is quality time spent together. I don't mind, actually, until she starts pushing buttons on the computer screen, turning it on and off, or messing with the mouse or getting crabby that I'm not changing shows fast enough for her. She's quite bossy when watching You-Tube, I gotta say.

And, I gotta say, people post A.LOT. of crap on You-tube, even in the guise of children's programming. SCARY (or SCRAY as I just typed). Whichever you prefer. There are a couple of gems, though. But that's for a post of another time/day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I must tell you, I have learned from my practice husband that men can be as moody (or moddy, as I just typed) as women, if not more so. Sadly, some don't realize it (or is it just Jeff?), or else they are so withdrawn to their weird cave place that they don't acknowledge it.

Miss L said...

The nap did wonders for the mood. Maybe Jeff is a bit sleep deprived, too. Now if only it worked so well for me! lol. :)