Friday, May 16, 2008

In the Leafy Treetops

Well, hello, GORGEOUS!

We have 10 new trees in our backyard, even as we speak. Autumn Blaze Maples to be exact. Super J is placing the trees in the holes he dug Wednesday and Thursday (actually, I guess he was done by Wednesday night, but he had to "move" some pipe for our sprinkler system and did that yesterday) while sometimes digging the hole bigger while Misses A and E are out "helping." Yegads.

Still, our backyard will never be the same, in a good way.

And me? I have gotten a hat and water for J, sunblock for all, taken pictures and some video footage, and am currently blogging about the experience while eating a bowl of tortilla chips with melted (microwaved) cheese and salsa. Yep. Working hard.

2 comments:

Ragan said...

Mmm, you need to try dipping your tortilla chips in cream cheese covered in salsa. Yummy!

Oh, and trees are cool too ;)

Adrienne said...

When I was preggers, every shopping trip I'd pick up one of those Wal-mart generic quesos and a bag o chips. And eat it ALL in one sitting as soon as I got home. As the pregnancy progressed, one lone little jar of queso was not enough. Man, it makes me want to back up a bag of Doritos RIGHT NOW.
And your tree-filled yard looks gorgeous!! Good thing YOU are the proud homeowners assoc. prezes.