Monday, May 19, 2008

Back from the doctor...

I've now been "drawn" and given my Rho-gam shot. Gained 7 lbs (expected after the big birthday celebration and vacation...my doctor didn't even blink an eye. Knowing my pattern, I'll probably drop between 2-4 lbs by Thursday when I'm back to my "normal" eating). Got to hear New Baby's heartbeat. Sounds great! And the ol' blood pressure is right where it needs to be. Wahoo!

The Dr. said that they'll have the glucose screening tests on Thursday and I'll know by Monday if there are any "abnormalities," but she doubted there would be. I kinda chuckled at that, because I'm not really sure if they can tell at this point anyway (who knows, though!), but I sure like her sense of optimism.

Came home and had lunch and a piece of Miss E's leftover birthday cake. I'm still stress eating a little, I think. lol. OH! And the whole thing only took 45 minutes. I'm always surprised when it's that fast because I'm used to having to sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Overall, good trip to the Doctor's.

No comments: