Thursday, April 17, 2008

From the CNN Political Ticker...


I thought this was really funny, and considering how much I owe to the Obsession of Mitt's campaign leading to my own entry into the blogworld, I wanted to post it (FYI: the Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in D.C. is supposed to be rife with satirical wit, in case you didn't know).

Romney: I could have won, with a few more Osmonds
Posted: 10:34 AM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":

10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.

9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.

8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.

7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.

6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.

5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.

4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.

3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.

2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.

1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”

No comments: