Friday, April 4, 2008

Blogging Ribs...and some side dishes

Time: 2:44

So, all the ribs have been boiled. Whew. That is done. They look, quite frankly, like death floating in funky water. Gentle Reader, think "The Two Towers" when Frodo, Sam and Gollum are walking through the Fire Marshes and those "people" (ie: corpses) are floating in the water. You now have an idea of what these grey things look like. I have been assured, however, that they magically transform under the rich and spicy goodness of BBQ sauce. I will let you know.

The dough for the rolls has been made and they are currently rising. Check.

Alas, we have a bit of a set back...I will not be making Au Gratin Potatoes (at least not today, anyway). Remember when J went to the store for more groceries for me? Well, he picked up the most important item (bag of russet potatoes) and the other things and went to pay for them. Hmmmm. Here at the house, I can't find them. I just called him and asked where he put 'em. Oh. Upon further reflection, they must still be on the cart! He checked his receipt and, lo and behold, he did not pay for potatoes. So, he ended up shoplifting the potatoes (even took them through the check-out stand) and then promptly left them at the store, under the cart where he had put them. So, no big loss so to speak.

That revealed, Gentle Reader, do you know what this means? It means we are having Potato Pearls (aka: mashed potatoes) that I can make in the microwave in about 3 minutes with our amazing BBQ ribs. This is a mixed blessing as far as my stress level is concerned. My taste buds are very very disappointed, but my mental health is probably kinda happy about this as I'm running a bit behind and they take 1.5 hours to cook at 400 degrees, where as the ribs take about that same time at 325. And I have one oven. And I cannot do the math nor am I a spacial relations genius who can fit many 9x13 pans of ribs with a thing of au gratin potatoes. So...mixed blessing indeed.

Now to tackle the rest of the house work.

1 comment:

Sungti said...

Thank you for all the hard work you put into these fabulous food. I think I will have a party in my tummy