Additionally, for the past six months, I have been on a cash plan for the household budget, which includes groceries, clothes, eating out, diapers (well, now pullups and panties), and stuff like that. It has revolutionized how I see money. Of course, the ironic thing is that when I have an awesome month watching my finances, I tend to not have such a great month with my eating (hence why, after I reached my goal, I have fallen off the wagon). Conversely, when I do great with my eating, my spending starts spiraling. There is something NOT in balance, and I know this, but I'm working on it.
ANYWAY! I bring this up because I am hyper aware of our home and personal finances (and counting calories or lack thereof for both, but that's another post for another day). When I saw some of these statistics in an article (and subsequent links), I was gobsmacked. So, of course I had to share.
United States Economy By the Numbers
- Number of jobs lost under Barack Obama: 2.5 Million
- Current national debt. $14.3 Trillion
- The amount added to the national debt since Obama took office. $3.7 Trillion
- Expected national debt in 2021 under Obama's Budget: $26.4 Trillion
- Current federal deficit (largest in history & 3rd consecutive trillion dollar deficit): $1.65 Trillion
- How much Washington borrows every day to fund Obama's spending spree: $5 Billion
- Amount borrowed on every dollar the federal government spends. 43 cents
- True cost of ObamaCare (when budget gimmicks are removed): $2.5 Trillion
I don't care which political affliation you are. That's pretty scary stuff and something that (from personal experience) will be ugly to deal with but MUST BE.
Okay, I'm stepping off my soap box, but had to share.