Tuesday, September 1, 2009

For the Love!!!!!

I've started saying this quite often. I don't know why, because I know many people often end it with something akin to taking the Lord's name in vain. But I usually end it with "...of pancakes!"

But I've recently just shortened it to this: "For the Love!" I guess then you can just fill in the blank or just leave it as is.

I realize this is one way I mark different phases in my life. I've said other trite or goofy things at various times and these things come and go, but I can often remember things based on the goofy-ism I was spouting at the time.

So, yeah, I was just reminded of this as I hear Miss Q crying. She has taken a 30 minute nap after our horrific night and is now awake and screaming at me to come and get her. And all I can think is, "For the Love! I was going to go lay on the couch."

I'm sure that's what her screaming is saying too..."For the Love, Woman! GET.UP.HERE!" And away I go...........

No comments: