Monday, September 28, 2009

An Exchange Prior to the Birthday

From: Miss L
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:17 PM (notice the dates!!!)
To: Miss A's First Grade Teacher (aka: M.A.F.G.T)
Subject: Birthday Treats on Tuesday, Sept 29

Hi M.A.F.G.T!

I have some (hopefully) quick questions about birthday treats.

Since Miss A's birthday is on Tuesday, she's expressed a desire to bring the afternoon snack for her classmates that day.

She's been leaning towards brownies, but I wanted to ask if there is a better/less messy snack you'd prefer (are cupcakes less messy?) in the classroom? Also, since this is *my* first time bringing treats for a birthday, what is the protocol--would I just drop them off at the office and Miss A would pick them up or do I send them with her on the day? And do I send something to drink? I noticed in the handbook that it said I can send napkins and plates...should I also send a package of wet wipes?

Thank you for your help!!!

:) Miss L. Peters
------------------------------------------------

RE: Birthday Treats on Tuesday, Sept 29‏
From: M.A.F.G.T (aka: A., because she signed it with her first name,which I thought was really very nice)
Sent: Mon 9/28/09 6:20 AM
To: Miss L

Hi Miss L,

Brownies or cupcakes would work fine. It would be really helpful if you could send in some napkins. Drinks are not needed.

You could drop her treats off in the office or send them in with Miss A in the morning- whichever works best for you.

You don’t need to send in some wet wipes for her birthday treats.

Thanks,

A.
------------------------------------------------

From: M.A.F.G.T
To: Miss L
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:45:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Birthday Treats on Tuesday, Sept 29

Hi Miss L,

Just saw your note this a.m. In normal circumstances, I would have replied earlier, but due to repairs/upgrades, our school e-mail was down all weekend.

Sorry for the delay.

A.
------------------------------------------------

From: Miss L
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:05 PM
To: A.
Subject: RE: Birthday Treats on Tuesday, Sept 29

A.,

Thank you SO much for getting back to me!!! I'm sorry to have spazzed out about it, but I'm trying hard to make up for last year's kindergarten birthday fiasco when we sent this strange assortment of cereal and popcorn in an effort to send a "healthy" treat. Ugh. All year long I heard about how everyone else brought cupcakes and brownies for birthdays, though Miss A never once complained about it...I just felt bad, thinking that she'd be the kid everyone remembered who brought weird treats. :)

So, again, thank you so much! I appreciate your patience with me.

:) Miss L
------------------------------------------------

Hi Miss L,

You’re welcome! Hopefully Miss A will be happy with her brownies/cupcakes this year! I totally understand!

Thanks for the good laugh!

A.

No comments: