Okay, first off: Confessions.
1. Yesterday, Miss O peed whilst SITTING at the table eating her lunch, a huge wet puddle (which relates to yet another reason for my later confession). This would not be so sad if I had not posted about how dry she was staying and how fantastic she was doing, AND if she had not already used the bathroom about 20 minutes before and had TOLD me that she needed to go AND I mistakenly thought, "This is IT! We have turned the proverbial potty training corner and we aren't looking back! Wahoo!" and thus I was not even thinking it a possibility that we had, in fact, not even made it out of the drive-way, much less turned the corner. Oh well. Cleaned it up and moved on.
2. I am also a COMPLETE liar, as it turns out, about Miss Q as well. Yesterday, instead of taking a nap at 1:00ish, she took two naps (one of which was about 2.5 hours!) and this morning, she was down at 10:10. I just don't know what to say about that, except she's growing and that's when babies grow (when they sleep), and to say that we discovered two molar-like teeth in the back of her mouth, both sticking out halfway. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That explains lots. But it doesn't explain the one nap back to two. Yet another example of NOT turning the corner. Moving on.
Okay, next: More Confessions.
1. I've dusted and vacuumed and moved the chairs out of my dining room because I covet my friend A.L's beautiful wood floors and thought mayhaps if I mopped, my floors might become glossy and shiny, too. So I got out my "specially ordered" Bona Swedish Formula Hardwood Floor Cleaner Kit and also it's "Refresher" and realized that if I am to believe the miraculous things it can do, it will TAKE TIME. What????? Yes. TIME. In fact, more time than I have because I have to pick up Miss E soon. Thus, I might have to wait until AFTER the girls go to bed tonight to do this. Argh.
2. SO! Instead of mopping and prepping the floor, because I figure they are just going to get dirty again by the time I have to mop and prep later this evening, I've decided to surf the net, read my emails, delete emails, read my political blogs (so my heart rate could go up up up with angst!), and ponder about doing the dishes (well, I should say COMPLETING the dishes, as I've already done SOME of them, thank you very much), and, obviously, to blog.
3. I have also decided that I'm only marginally motivated to do things right now, and I'm not sure why. And by things, I mean LOTS of things: work out. Clean. Entertain my children. Entertain my husband. Entertain. I just want to sit and read.
4. But I have nothing I want to read right now, though I'm itching for something really good. Any one have some suggestions? I'd actually LOVE to watch some movies, but alas, Miss O is watching Dora and I know I'd just get settled and someone would "need" me.
Speaking of which....Oh! There's the baby, waking from one of her naps. I must away!!!!