Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And I Would Walk 500 Miles

Miss Q took her first steps today. And I don't mean a hesitant one or two feet. She's been kinda toying with that for the last week or so. Nope. I'm talking a little mosey in comparison to that.

On the eve of her first birthday, Miss Q took 8 steps. During a gathering of some of my friends. In front of everyone. While we womens were just a talkin' away, she stood up and started walking towards me.

She hasn't repeated the feet, er...feat. The closest she came is four steps towards Super J tonight. But it makes me breathless to see my last baby walking. WALKING! Wow.

Add this to her stair climbing and kinda descending, and we have one mobile chickaroo.

On the eve of her first birthday.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

Hurray! I'm just glad I could be there to witness this HUGE milestone. Congratulations!

Adrienne said...

The cutest part is her face while she does it. You've got an ADORABLE ham on your hands, L!

Colton Anne said...

Congrats!! How exciting!?!