Thursday, May 21, 2009

Commencement Begins Now

Miss E graduated from Preschool today. It was such a funny little ceremony, but we loved it. Replete in cap and gown, she approached her teacher who moved the tassel from one side to the "graduated" side and asked...

"What's your name?"

"Miss E." (She actually said her first, middle and last name. I was kinda proud she knew it all until I realize that I often call her by all three names when she's in trouble.)


"How old are you?"

Miss E pauses. I mean, she only turned 5 last week, so you know, it took her a second to calculate the change, but she eventually said, "Five."


"And what do you want to be when you grow up?"

No hesitation here: "A Superhero."

And there you have it. So now it's up up and away to kindergarten in the fall. How time sure flies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a funny girl. I don't know many little girls that say "a superhero" with such confidence!

Adrienne said...

and she will be Luke, she will be.

Shari said...

I hope you got that on video! That's priceless! So much better than "Doctor" or "Ballerina"!