Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back on Track

So, Gentle Reader, you may have noticed that I haven't been talking much about my walking...er...training for my 5K. Yeah, I kinda fell off the wagon after I got the strep throat affliction. And then I waved at the wagon as it rolled along, passing me and then went down it's merry way along the dusty road.

I'm only now thinking I'm needing to walk again. Seriously.

But lo and behold, Bethany out in California saw that the proverbial ball had been dropped, and she picked it up. More than that, she ran that ball all the way to score a touch-down! In fact, she then started cheering, "Run, Miss L! RUN!" And she said, "Tell everyone else to RUN, too!" Because she has started the official 5K training blog. Indeed!

So, really, she didn't tell me to literally run, but the fact that she started an official blog with an awesome name made it feel like she did.

All you need to do to be a part of it is to go to this blog and request to be a part of it. I think. Or let me know and I'll see what's going on. This is new to me, so we may have to muddle through initially to figure it out (or you might know what needs to be done and can feel free to educate me).

Here's the blog, regardless: http://fitforthequeens.blogspot.com/
Did you catch the name????? Fit For The Queens. Don't you love it?

So, go there. Or comment here. Or email me. If you want. And we can keep tabs and encourage and update each other there. Using our real names and stuff. Queen Miss L. I like it. :)

Thanks, Bethany. You truly are royally, majestically fantastic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely compliments. *blush* I don't actually know anything about proper training, unless it's for baseball, and then I'm good. So, anyone with any ideas, pass them along! Please! Let's all catch up and get back on the wagon!

KC Knicks said...

There is no doubt in my mind that we are friends. Yesterday I made a plan to start walking/running Monday and Wednesday at 8:30pm (weather permitting of course) and Saturday mornings at 9am. I plan to start tomorrow morning. I just think it's great that I get on here today to read your blog and you too are back on the wagon. I'm loving it!!

Adrienne said...

Er, I'll just cheerily wave at all of you riding along on that Fit-Ness wagon. But I'm impressed all the same!