Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On the Twelfth Day of Gratitude, My Blogger Said to Me

Today I am grateful for:

1. Super J's job. How grateful I am that he is willing to work, that he's employed, and that it has brought us to where we are: in a state near family, with amazing friends, in a comfortable home with four beautiful daughters. As it is a small "start-up" (though can it be considered a "start-up" if it's 5 years old???), every night we pray for its success. If that success means that we'll still have a job by the time the recession is over, I'd be pretty happy with that.

2. Tuna Helper. Some nights, you just need the help.

3. Showers. I've never been a tub/bath kind of gal, and I'm not super keen on long hot showers (unlike Super J, who, I believe, could drain the hot water heater per shower if it wouldn't cost so much...and that's not a criticism...it's a fact), but I do like a nice medium warm shower that gets the job done.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Speaks Family said...

I like showers too! Not baths. I do not however like Tuna Helper. Well, I guess it's okay. It definitely wouldn't come up on my grateful list though. My easy dinnter is refried beans and corn chips. My kids love it!

Katie said...

I agree with the job thing. With this economy, I'm grateful for work as well!