Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 9th...Gratitude Challenge

My gratitude list for November 9

I'm grateful for

1. The Primary Program...I love to see and hear my kids and the rest of the Primary sing and share their testimonies. So sweet. And watching the Sunbeams (of which, Miss E is one) in the front row crack me up.

2. Other people sharing sweet experiences with me, even when I was in the midst of my own not so sweet experience. I heard from several people today at different times of the day, the most amazing stories where the heavens opened and smiled upon them. It reminded me, yet again, that there is a greater plan that I'm not necessarily always aware of, but it is aware of me...and of those around me, whether they are 4 or 35.

3. Miss Q and her ability to sleep. I almost don't know what to do and I'm kinda afraid to say anything because I may just jinx it, but Miss Q has slept for 5-6 hours, at night, in a row, for 2 days now. This is almost unheard of in my children. Indeed, the fruit of my womb almost never do this until they are well past a year old. Seriously. I'll keep you updated, but I'm indeed grateful for the two days that I've had.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Melodie Beattie

1 comment:

Katie said...

I LOVE the Primary Program - that's one of the best Sunday's of the year. I'll have you know that you've started a trend. Several of my friends have started the Attitude of Gratitude Challenge after reading it on my blog. AND the mom of one of my friends started a blog just to do this. You are spreading goodness and cheer throughout the land!