Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What were YOU doing between the hours of 5 and 9 pm...

Yessiree, I was a contracting fool. And now I REMEMBER what those darn things feel like because they hurt like...well...many many swear words would be applicable here. I got to where they were 10 minutes apart for almost an hour and we were THIIIIISSSSS close to going to the hospital, and then it was about 20 minutes between each one, and then they basically stopped for an hour and then I had to hit the loo, which triggered one, but that's the only one I've had for almost 2ish hours now. I have to admit, I was super tired around 8:30, but have since eaten and am feeling a bit refreshed, strangely enough. I'm still going to try to get some sleep, though, that's for sure.

ANYWAY! This served as a lovely reminder to a) really get that hospital and kids bags packed, b) really try to figure out "plan a and b" of who will keep the kids and c) pay attention to my body.

There was no water breakage like on a sitcom (oh, if only! It would have made all of this sooooo much simpler!), and because I know better than to rush to the hospital without regular contractions, it was weird to try to decide what to do. TMI ALERT: After all this, I definitely am having more discharge...much like gooey egg whites...and at one point it was pinkish. This freaked me out a bit and is what caused me to be like, Man! Maybe we should go to the hospital (as Super J kept reminding me, "Do you want the epidural or not?"), but all has calmed down since. At least I do know something was going on down there...for sure. No ifs, ands, or buts about it (well, maybe one little butt, but she's decided to hold out for a while longer I guess...and I'm not referring to her as one, I'm just saying she HAS one...nevermind.). I hope it stays calm in there and it's not 3 in the morning and we have to call someone to get the kids/spend the night with the kids. My worst nightmare would be coming true. UGH.

Anyway, exciting times. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: