Monday, August 4, 2008

Driving me to distraction!

With much love, I have to report that Miss O is EXCESSIVELY clingy right now. I mean, she wants me to walk down the stairs with her, sit by her, read her book after book after book. And it's not enough to be in the same room. She wants interaction. And she wants it EXACTLY how she wants it or she bursts into the Weeps and Wails. She is 2. And boy howdy!!!!! She is 2. And sadly, I can't do everything she wants (example: she wanted me to read/sing the Wheels on the Bus. Okay, so I was reading and singing and somehow messed up her expectations of HOW I was supposed to be doing it, and that resulted in the screaming and crying. I couldn't even fix what I had apparently done wrong! ARGH! So, yeah. That book is in time out now [ie: dropped behind a set of drawers where she cannot get to it...I know, I'm mean, but I'm SO done with that book]). We are friends again, but it took some doing.

I thought when you started to nest you were supposed to get this great burst of energy. I'm just tired. Only an hour until nap time. Hallelujah.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Poor Miss O. I think she knows her days as the baby of the family are coming to an end. Amazing how kids can feel that, huh?