Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today's visit to the doctor

So I'm back home from the doctor. I thought for sure since I've been doing practically NOTHING because of the ol' ankle that it would be reflected in the exam, but guess what? I'm at a 4 and 50% effaced.

Once again, until I go into active labor this really doesn't mean anything (I was at a 4 with Miss E for three weeks!), but my doctor was like, "Wow. If she holds out to her induction date, you're going to have a fabulous induction!" And who doesn't like hearing that????

I also got to see New Baby via ultrasound because they wanted to measure her. She's 8 lbs something ounces...between 6 and 13. My doctor assured me that the ultrasound tech is always a little off, on the heavy side, so not to worry. I'm not worried. I'm kinda tired, though.

So, we'll just see what happens. My sweet doctor is out of town starting tomorrow, so I could have "Dr. Stranger" deliver this last baby, but as long as the delivery goes well, I'm fine with that.

Anywho...just wanted to keep you updated. OHHHH! Here's something else. My doctor was like, "Hey! While you are out and about, just keep the ankle wrapped because your ligaments are all "loosey goosey" (my words, not hers) and you could use the extra support, and when you are sleeping, you can unwrap it." How refreshing to hear someone speak with some authority about this. Finally.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad to hear it, loosey goosey. Oh wait, she wasn't calling YOU loosey goosey, was she?