Monday, June 9, 2008

Ways I've been passing time...

What I've been listening to in the car:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Yes, I read it (voraciously!) when it first came out, but there's nothing finer than having 4.5 hours to LISTEN to the sublime Jim Dale read it to YOU. Man does a lone road trip FLY by (especially if you start the story towards the end since you know the basic plot). It seriously is so yummy! It's like the very best of movies in your head. LOVE IT (and it reminds me how super Super J really is, as he got the set for me for my birthday the year he had to be out of town on the actual day).

What I've been reading: Fablehaven is a GREAT series. This is #2 and I think better than the first. Both are worth the read.
<--I liked this. It was definitely Ok. I wanted to like it more than I did, though. Easy read.

--> I really liked this book. Had issues with all the running around in a cave, though. I mean, seriously people. Caves are Black Inky Darkness. You cannot see in front of you. I had issues, but overall enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I ADORE Jim Dale. He does the best voices. You've seen Pete's Dragon, right? Very talented. And, just wait 'til you read the 3rd Fablehaven. It's, by far, my favorite.

Adrienne said...

Um, now is the time to return to you your copy of #3 Fablehaven, right? :) It IS really good, by the by.