Thursday, April 24, 2008

In my quest to put off housework...

Have you ever had those mornings where you had so much to do, you couldn't get started and ANYTHING was better than what you needed to be doing? Or, if you did get started, it lasted about all of 15 minutes before you were over-whelmed and over-tired? Well, fancy that...me, too!

This morning, I am feeling fatigued and I don't know why. Miss O slept through the night (Big Kiss to her for that!) and so did the older girls. New Baby (hooray for us! We are now at 24 weeks and should anything send me into pre-term labor--heaven forbid--she is now at viability age) got me up to pee at 5:30, but I went back to bed till the other kids got me up around 7. I've gotten everyone pretty much fed and dressed; heck, I even took a shower (which normally kick starts my morning) and did my hair (!!!!! Shock!) and started a load of laundry. And I'm pooped!

I need to rearrange my living room furniture. I am just NOT happy with the current configuration (maybe I need to feng shui it! Just joking! lol), and thanks to the placement of the satellite cables/tv, there are not a lot of options for arrangement (that I can think of anyway...ugh). But the way it is now, it's distressing because it always looks messy when there are toys out (which there are...constantly!). So, that's on my list of things that need to get done today. Luckily, the couches will slide relatively easily on the carpet, so rest assured, I'm not going to be lifting anything.

In the meantime, I just have to say that when Miss O got up this morning, her hair looked just like American Idol's David Cook. ARRRGHHH! I return 20 minutes later after trolling Google for the image I want, and I can NOT find it. Let's just say, it was a spiky look from the top to bottom of her head and was too funny. Alas, my camera (as previously discussed) is also on the fritz. So, Gentle Reader, you must use your imagination as best you can. Sorry. In the meantime, I'm off to see what I can do for my living room before I collapse on the couch!

UPDATE: Clearly, my desire for a tidy living room took a back seat until I found this picture...none of them are Miss O (obviously, if you know her), but the hair! The Hair!!! Yes. That is what it looked like, especially the first little one's complete flair-out. So funny. So cute.

1 comment:

Lac said...

There is never enough time in a day to get what we need to do done. You and all this furniture rearranging reminds me of when I moved everything around at the house in Vegas. You were laughing pretty hard and then joined in on my crazy idea. Wasn't that so funny?