Friday, November 6, 2009

Yay! It's Friday

It's the end of the first week, practically, of November. Can you believe it???

Today, I am grateful for:

1. Amazing friends who are amazing mothers. I've been able to watch several of my friends' kids recently and I wanted to express how GREAT their kids are. While in my home, these children were so well behaved and sweet and GOOD. They may be he/she-beasts at home periodically, but when they were at my place, they were amazing (they are totally welcome anytime!). But more to the point, I'm so grateful for the time and energy that you all put into raising your little peeps to be the creme de la creme. It SHOWS in how they act, and I'm grateful for that.

2. The opportunity to go to Miss A's school today to be The Mystery Reader. What a great and fun chance to actually do something nice with Miss A. It's a rare thing for me to be able to do that because, well, I've normally had a baby at home. But today, it was able to happen and I'm so grateful to my friend who watched my kids for me and for the chance to go.

3. Krispy Kreme Donuts. I took them for the treat and, though the sprinkles were kinda messy, the kids LOVED them and Miss A had an afternoon of being The Rock Star of her class. It doesn't get any sweeter when you are seven, does it? I know as her mom, it was pretty sweet to me, too.
"As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done." ("O Remember, Remember," Ensign, Nov 2007, 66–69).

No comments: