Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nov 3 Gratitude List

Today I am grateful for:

1. Safety and the shelter of our home. Miss A was saying her evening prayers and said, "We are so so grateful for our house and that no robbers have come into it. So, we are so grateful for that and hope it continues tonight." And I thought, yes. Indeed we are and do.

2. I'm thankful for socks, which keep my feet warm and help me from getting blisters and showing off my half painted toenails.

3. I'm thankful for my Dirt Devil cordless mini vacuum, which I splurged and purchased for myself several months ago. I'm sooooo glad I did--money well spent! Seriously, I'm a better person and mother because of it, and my floors (especially in the dining room) are in better shape. I use it several times a day, which is saying something because there are still times when you'd be hard pressed to know that I have ever vacuumed the floors in my house. We are just in that stage of life with our four girls, I guess. But I do love my vacuums.

"If you woke up today, congratulations! You have another chance." ~Unknown Author

When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.
~C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

Daisie said...

Oh Laurenda! I am so glad you are feeling better and got some good news from the doctor! And I have finally gotten in gear and have joined this fun challenge so I would love to get yours in an email as well! By the way, I adore Abigail's comment about the robbers!!