Tuesday, June 9, 2009

¡Hola!, Chicken!!!

Backstory: Yesterday for dinner I made this tasty dish from Picky Palate, but added some salsa and used some canned chicken instead of crock-potting it and forgot about the "crumbles." Anyway, when my kids asked what it was, I said, it was either "Chicken Ole'" or "¡Hola!, Chicken." They picked "¡Hola!, Chicken."Fast forward to F.H.E. (Family Home Evening) For our activity, we went to our little community pool, where Miss E proceeds, as normal, to drink half the pool and then burp LOUDLY like an incredibly drunk sailor. It's shocking, it's so loud, and draws attention whenever she does it.

Anyway, so we get that part of the evening over and Super J and I are with the littlest girls in the "baby" pool while Misses A and E are in the "bigger" pool (which is at most 5 feet) when all of a sudden, we hear Miss E belch again.

And then she gives us a weird face and then, as if in slow motion, she starts...

yes...

throwing up. Luckily, she had the presence of mind to cup her hands. Sadly, she was standing IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POOL! Hello, other swimmers!

Ohdearheavens!!!!!!! The Mortification. And I thought Miss O's digging in her pants yesterday was gross and disturbing.

Luckily, I let Super J deal with all that and I took Miss E to the bathroom and then we went home. Who knows what happened next. Ohdearheavens, I can barely stand to think of it without cringing.

Seriously, you just can't take us Peters anywhere, because CLEARLY the Zoo is following us, no longer contained to the chaos of home.

On the way to the car, Super J said, "Well, this is the peril of a community pool."

And, clearly under the stress of the moment, I revealed my secret shame to my husband in response. Please don't hate me and think I'm the most disgusting friend/sister/mom/etc. you know. Because I'm going to share this secret shame with you, too.

As we walked to the car, I whispered to Super J the following: Hauling Miss E out of the pool and into the bathroom as quickly as possible, all I could think was, "¡Hola!, Chicken!!!!"

Bawk, bawk!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A.J. has thrown up from the chlorine several times. But, thankfully, has never more than gagged while actually in the water. Can I just say I'm glad we have our own pool and don't have to wonder whether I'm swimming in hola chicken? :) Don't be too mortified. I'm sure it wasn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

Adrienne said...

Oh my holy heck. HILARIOUS. And sad. But awesome. All those things. Not to mention your presence of mind to add a punch line!!

Katie said...

Ah, the joys of motherhood, right? I remember when I used to observe mothers in public places and just chuckle at what they have to go through - oh, wait, I still do. However, you have my sympathy. You are amazing!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

That's why I love your blog so much, you guys have the most exciting life! Didn't your mom ever tell you to wait an hour after eating before you can swim:) Too funny, you always make me laugh!