Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh. Okay, then.

So I've had an epiphany.

As you may know, this has been a very long, very hard year here at the Zoo. I'm not talking about the year 2009, but I'm talking about "the year" that started a few weeks before giving birth to Miss Q...so about 9 months, so far...when I sprained/broke my ankle. And then had a baby. And then came home and found lice. And then got a uterine infection. And had the nearly-bake-my-baby-in-the-window experience (she's just fine, but scared the HOLY COW out of me). And then school started and we still had lice, etc. etc. etc., only to be recently experiencing Super J's kinda sorta job...pause??? We don't know what the heck is going on with that, which is almost more stressful than him being out and out fired. Because then we could act and make decisions. But anyway, I digress.

The most recent thing on my long list of "Are you serious? You've got to be kidding me!" moments is the fact that we've just "enjoyed" a serious bout with stomach flu. Montezuma revenge, my friends. Or, as Super J says, "Your Mexican Diet." I believe it's only the 24 hour type, but can I just say, HOLYCOWIWASSICK!!!! I seriously lost 5 pounds overnight. That's probably the silver lining in all this. So, Wahoo to that 5 pounds. Now I'm only 10 pounds away from my starting weight when I got pregnant with Miss Q, which isn't anything to boast about in and of itself, but we'll take whatever silver lining we can get, shall we?

So, I was talking to Super J about how this SUCKS! I mean, when does it get over, I asked him. And then it hits me...it doesn't. This is just life. This is life with six people, living in one home. There will always be SOMETHING. ALWAYS!

It's like I signed up for the 5K only to find out that I'm actually running a marathon. I'm ready for it to be over, but I still have MUCH MORE TO GO.

Now I just have to wrap my brain around that little fact. That it won't "get over" anytime soon. It just won't. Because statistically, again, with six people...there's going to be something else around the corner.

In the meantime, my house is basically a wreck but I'm too worn out to really care (Okay, that's a lie. I totally care. I just don't feel like doing diddlysquat because I feel wiped out). The exterminator guy will just have to come and not judge and just do his job because, yes, Gentle Reader, we have an infestation of ants. And a Miss O who FREAKS OUT whenever she sees a bug. Sigh.

I'm gonna go lay down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we both have had a "one thing after another" kind of year. And while you're certainly right about it never ending, some years are harder than others. So, maybe next year you'll get a little break. You need it. So, go lay down, drink some more water, and know that I love you!

Shari said...

I hate hearing it too...but these are the times that we are learning the most! Heavenly Father is teaching you something. He's been teaching me patience for a very long time...one of these days I'll figure it out and then we can move on to something else!

Katrina said...

It ain't just you sweetie. Even with just one person (moi), there is "always something." Look at it this way: At least you've been learning a lot of new skills... *big hugs* and lots of love.

Katie said...

My dear friend, I asked my mom that same question - when does it stop? She came to the same conclusion you did - it's just life - and sometimes it really sucks. But other times, it's nice to realize all that we have - and I'm saying this more for my benefit than yours! Love ya!