Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday's Gratitudes

Today I am grateful for:

1. Preparation. This is akwardly worded, but on those rare Saturdays when I actually pull it all together the night before, even when chaos erupts just before we need to leave on Sunday morning, because I spent some time getting prepped the night before, I actually can make it "on time" (I say that because I was still out in the hall, but still!) to church to partake of the sacrament. And I'm really glad for that.

2. The Thanks-singing Turkey. Yep. It's a primary choristering thing that Melissa and I came up with, but it worked out great. The kids got to pick a "big" feather to pick a "wiggle" song and then someone else picked a "small" feather to figure out how we'd sing it (Loud or soft, humming, opera style, etc.). You know, if I'm still to be in Primary, as it appears I am, I must say that I enjoy working with the Junior Primary and then being able to go to Relief Society. And it's all the sweeter when the baby has a good hour and things like the Thanks-singing Turkey work out.

3. Little Cupcakes. My friend, Sungti, had a birthday today and, as he is THE Child/Toddler/Baby Whisperer (seriously, SO gifted with small children it is NOT funny. You should see my girls with him. They practically swoon. I. kid. you. not.) and is in Nursery on Sundays, someone brought in these cute cute tiny cupcakes (mayhaps Cryptic Jennifer??? I do not know, as I did not hear the details) to the Nursery-ites so they could celebrate. As I was leaving, I was offered one of the last ones. It's dumb, but it kinda made my day! I mean, it was such a treat! So unexpected. So cute. So good. I don't mean to gloat that I got one, but I seriously had a bit of an epiphany. I think that is how all cupcakes should be. A lovely little morsel with no guilt, but lots of yummy goodness. It was like a cheery cherry atop a sundae. I can so see those in my dieting future.

Thank God--every morning when you get up--that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you a hundred virtues which the idle never know. ~ Charles Kingsley ~

No comments: