Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday's Thankful List

Today I'm grateful for:

1. "Mylicon" baby gas drops. I say that because we got the Wal-mart version. Worked like a charm. Whew.

2. Blankets. As a baby, I had one of those comfort blankies that got lost eventually (and sadly, too...I still remember it. It was white...hmmmmm...perhaps this is why my favorite color is white. Isn't that funny that I'm putting that together, as I type this. It's only taken me the better part of 38 years to figure that out). As an adult, I have a brown one that I love and don't sleep without. Warmth and comfort...priceless (and ageless, so it appears).


3. Daddy Daughter Dates. Super J takes the girls out, pretty much every week, for a little one on one time with them. They love it. I'm so glad, because they know how much their dad loves them and they are learning how they should be treated...like the amazing people they are.

Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens. ~Author Unknown

No comments: