Tuesday, November 25, 2008

25 Days, So many blessings

Yesterday it was short and sweet...one of those days where it was all I could do to find things to be thankful for. But today, I am surrounded by blessings and yet, how can I say just three? So, I'm not going to. I'm just going to go with it...I know some will be repeats, but I am looking at more than 3, so that's probably okay, right? Besides, I'll probably be back to short and sweet tomorrow, so I'm going to take advantage of it today!

As I have enjoyed so many other gratitude lists throughout this month, I often think, "YES!!! I am blessed with that, too!" And I love having friends who can express things in such a funny, poignant, or other insightful ways that make me love them (you, Gentle Reader) all the more.

*...oh, how I love the flush toilets (and not just for me. I can't even tell you the joy in my heart when one of my kids makes it to the toilet to throw up. I mean, seriously!)!
* Modern day conveniences! I love my refrigerator and freezer and it's ice maker/water dispenser.
* Thank you, Feminine Hygiene Products and deodorant and moisturizer.
* And on behalf of my children's rears and my sanity, Flushable Wipes and baby wipes and diapers and nightime "Wonder" pants.
* How I love being able to grocery shop, buy fast food, get dvd's from Red Box and books from the library.
* How I LOVE libraries and miss being part of that culture, being part of that definition: Librarian. I'm so grateful for my education! My house of knowledge!
* How I love being a wife and a mother. How tired I get being a wife and a mother (note: not OF being a wife and a mother, but just tired).
* How grateful I am of having gone through 4 pregnancies and births with such positive outcomes, and that my mammaries have worked to feed those babies!
* How grateful I am for my children, my loud and busy and messy and kind and smart and forgiving children.
* How hard it is to watch a child be sick and how I wish I could just take that from her, but how grateful I am for medicine and doctors and insurance and pedialyte and thermometers and washers/dryers to clean bedding that's been puked on over and over.
* How thankful I am for priesthood blessings.
* How sweet and funny it is to listen to a child pray, really pray, like she's having a sincere albeit often casual conversation with her Father in Heaven and realize that if she talks on the phone like she prays as she gets older, man oh man! * But how grateful I am for prayer that connects me to my Maker! To my Father in Heaven! To know He knows I exist!
* And how grateful I am for phones that connect us to friends and families.
* And I'm so glad for the Internet! And blogs and email and online news and music and websites that connect you with friends, past and present.
* And how grateful I am that I still have more days to remind myself of all the blessings that surround me and to express my appreciation for them.

I am so blessed!

"Gratitude on a daily basis means we express appreciation for what we have now without qualification for what we had in the past or desire in the future."~Bishop Robert D. Hales (April 1992 LDS general conference)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you for inspiring me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has "those" kind of days - days where it's harder than others to be grateful. And yet, you rise above it. Thanks!