Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Early Voter

That's me!!!

I went and participated in early voting this afternoon (Super J voted on his lunch hour-ish). What a sweet relief it was...seriously. Now I feel as if I've done my part and I don't have the same anxiety as just a few hours ago.

I have voted. My voice is/was heard.

As I left the voting place, I wanted to shout, "Wahoo!!!!" In fact, as each person came out, I wanted to applaud them for their effort (regardless for whom they voted) because they VOTED! But those of you who know me, know that I am, in fact, not that sort of person. I want to be, because how great would that be (though I'm sure people would look at me like I'm a weirdo and I have tried so hard all my life NOT to look like the weirdo I sometimes feel I am) to have someone cheering you on like that.

However...I hope you know that I was mentally applauding each and every one of those people who came out, and when I came out, I said, "WAHOO!!! Inside. To Myself. But I did proudly put on my "I VOTED!" sticker.

And took one (with permission, of course) for Tuesday.

I'll wear it on Tuesday for as long as I can...I say that because, if today's sticker is any indication, Miss O will want to peel it from my shirt and apply it to the coffee table.

In any case, go and VOTE!!!!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good job - you're a true patriot!

Katrina said...

I'm so glad you could and did! Good for you. :)