Saturday, August 16, 2008

We have lift off!!!

Well, maybe not in the traditional sense, but last night (Friday), Super J and I gave Miss Q a glycerin suppository and viola! Magic. Well, er...you know what I mean.

Furthermore, my neighbor Amy, who is a nurse, said that as long as I took stool softeners, the baby wouldn't have a problem. Hmmmmm. Well, heck. I'm willing to try anything that might help and not hurt my baby (the pediatrician did call and recommended we give her dark Karo syrup in Pedialyte, which we did twice before we went the suppository route). That prompted a trip to CVS to get stool softeners and the suppositories. And more conditioner for our continued lice combings in the evening. Yep. Good times here at the Zoo.

But at least we have my brother and niece here. I tell you, I'd normally roll my eyes at the whole, "it takes a village" thing to raise a child, but sure enough, we've discovered an extra set of hands truly is helpful. And it totally helps that he and his sweet wife have 6 kids...so he knows the ropes, if you know what I mean. I have to admit, though, that having him here kinda makes me homesick for my family. Sometimes even being four hours away seems like a big distance.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good time (NOT) my poor, dear friend. I'm glad that Miss Q is doing better - although giving suppositories is not for the weak of heart, so accept my admiration.

Katrina said...

Well, you know, 4 hours is a big distance. Not as big as 6, 8 or 16 though.

Glad you guys had a great time. Glad to hear things are better. You're awesome. *love*

:)

Adrienne said...

I think Baby Q is pretty fed up with all things rectal at the wise old age of 1 week old, don't you think? Poor thing keeps having to think warm thoughts while getting pokered and proddered. Oh, but it's so nice when all is well in non-constipation station.