Monday, July 7, 2008

How's YOUR morning going?

I need to start this post by saying, "Happy Birthday, Miss O!!!!"

Thank heavens you are now 2 and still have NO expectations about birthdays, because this one has sure started out in an interesting way.

That being said, I wish I believed that there would only be five or six...maybe seven...tests that we had to pass to gain life experience and then we could be through and we could enjoy the beaches and sunsets of the world. Wouldn't that be nice? I mean, I'm a really good test taker, especially when I know how many to expect and what kinds of tests are coming at me. There's a reason I loved school so much.

But then there are other tests that you just aren't prepared for, when you are often literally standing in the crap that life throws at you.

Do you know where I am going with this? No?

One of our toilets overflowed this morning. And I am the Parent at Home.

When I realized what had happened, I kinda had a stupor of thought along the lines of...what on earth do I do next? Where was the magic Sanitation Patrol, who'd come and take care of this. Ohhhhh, wait. That would be ME. I had COMPLETELY forgotten that toilet overflow clean-up was in my job description. Man, it's a good thing I am completely hooked on the emotional buzz of this job, because I am NOT getting paid enough to deal with this! The silver lining? At least it's not the sewer backing up in the basement (please knock on whatever wood is near you right now. Thank you).

And furthermore, like I said, I'm a pretty good test taker and after the initial shock, I set about working to get it cleared up, literally and figuratively. I also am still having a prayer in my heart that the magical bottle of Lemon Cleaning Liquid really does kill 99.9% of bacteria. PLEASE let that be right. UGh.

I'm comforting myself that soon, I shall be doused in so much chlorine at swim lessons that anything that I happened to have missed will be killed on contact.

In the meantime, hope your morning is going, if nothing else, a little better than mine. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Now, this is why you're MY hero. Ugh!