Friday, April 18, 2008

Something a little more frothy

Thanks to those who patiently read/sat through the earlier rant. And here is that something more light-hearted I promised.

Last night, we had a "Mall Food Court" themed dinner. I made calzones (which were okay) and an Orange Julius knock-off that was downright delicious. And so, without further ado, here is the recipe. Yum. And can I just say, the kids L.O.V.E.D. it.

"Orange Julius" beverage (with my commentary)

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (which is half a can of the frozen stuff)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8-9 ice cubes (who knows how many I actually used...I had my fridge "crush" a big plastic cupful and used that)

1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
2. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, adding ice cubes one at a time. (you may need to stir...but be careful about hitting an air pocket which can then send globs of the mixture all over. Oh yeah. Fun times)
3. Enjoy!

No comments: