Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Discoveries

So, this morning we've had a few exciting discoveries around the house.

  • Elisabeth discovered an open Triaminic Thin Dissolve Strip for cough and cold (Nighttime) that she should have been given last night and explains, frankly, quite a bit about why she was up so much last night. Let's say it together: SCARY!!!! So glad the almost 4 year old discovered it and brought it to me verses the 20 month old who would have just downed it because it smells so "grape-y."

  • Olivia has discovered our rather large dinosaur collection and we have been busy making the dinosaurs dance and kiss each other (did you ever see that Laurie Berkner version? That's what I'm talking about)

  • I discovered a very interesting fact about a Christmas gift from my mother in law.

So, here's the quick of it: the mil gave me some dishes for Christmas. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep them because we have plenty, so they've been sitting out in the garage with other potential donation things, but because I've been sick, I decided I wanted a better mug in which to make tea, and I remembered these mugs being better than what I have now (also a set from the mil that was given to me at my bridal shower, of all places). Yesterday, I found them and got two out and decided I really liked them. I also really like how the bowls are shaped, so this morning I hauled in the whole box full of the dishes. Here's my discovery. I have 12 dinner plates. 7 bowls. And 5 mugs. Mmmmmm'kay. I can guarantee that she found them "On Sale" somewhere. And if not, a little research has led me to discover they are distributed by "Royal Norfolk" which, further investigation reveal can often be found at your local Dollar General Store. She very easily could have gotten them from a garage sale.

Here's where I sound like an ungrateful wretch because I don't necessarily care WHERE they came from, but why on earth not just give me 4 of each? Or 5? It's so random to receive 12, 7, and 5 of each. This, I must confess with a lot of love, is basically the gift giver in a nutshell. ANYWAY! Now I need to figure out what to do about this, because I'm not so crazy about the plates but I LURVE the bowls and the mugs, regardless of where they were initially purchased. Go figure. Maybe I'll make my own 5 piece set and give the rest of the plates away.

Hey! This is what the cups and plates are shaped like, except they are more a cranberry color and have no writing on them. Jason says I like them because I love a big cup. These mugs look to hold 12 to 13 oz AND you can fit all 4 of your fingers through the handle. Love 'em.




No comments: